Home Health Care
Introduction to Home Health Care
These providers deliver nursing care, home support services, personal care, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, social work, dietetics, speech language therapy and medical equipment in the home. Certain services may be eligible for funding.
Tips on Choosing Home Health Care
The selection of an appropriate Home Health Care provider takes time and research. You will need an assessment of the individual's Home Health Care needs, provide advice as to whether the person's Home Health Care needs can be safely met at home and ascertain eligibility for government funded services based on those Home Health Care needs, regardless of the person's financial circumstances. If eligible, a Case Manager will arrange for and authorize payment for the most appropriate Home Health Care services.
If not eligible for funded Home Health Care services, you should contact the various Home Health Care service providers in your area directly. Here are some questions to ask when speaking to a Home Health Care provider of interest:
- What Home Health Care services are offered? Will these Home Health Care services meet all of the individual's Home Health Care needs now and over time?
- Are there any costs associated with the Home Health Care services offered and if so what are the costs? Are any subsidies available?
- When are the Home Health Care services available - weekdays or weekends, morning, afternoon or evening? What are the hours of operation? Is there someone available to answer Home Health Care questions or respond to a Home Health Care crisis?
- How often are the Home Health Care needs of the individual assessed and their care plan evaluated?
- Will the same person be providing Home Health Care services to your loved one? What qualifications does the person have? What happens if the person providing the Home Health Care services becomes ill or does not show up?
- Is the Home Health Care provider a member of any industry associations or organizations which strive to ensure its members provide quality Home Health Care services? Is the Home Health Care provider bondable?
It's also a good idea to visit the offices of the service Home Health Care provider - is the Home Health Care office professional in appearance, clean and well organized? You can tell a great deal about a Home Health Care provider by the condition of their premises. Also, ask for client references so you can contact them to ask about their level of satisfaction with the Home Health Care provider.
Feel free to contact us at 1-800-311-CARE or email@example.com
should you have any questions or require further assistance in finding appropriate home health care.